General Rules & Regulations
Red River Battalion, 9th TX Infantry
Below are the general rules and regulations for the 9th Texas Infantry. Any member who violates any section or part of the rules may receive disciplinary action or dismissal. Disciplinary action may include, but is not limited to, suspension, probation or fatigue duties for minor offenses. It is the common practices of the 9th Texas Infantry command staff to dismiss members of the battalion by recommendation of his Company Commander and by formal order of the Battalion Commander. However, the Battalion commander reserves the right to refuse or revoke membership for violation of the rules or for insubordination as defined in the Articles of War 1863 section 1, article 6 and 9.
The term "member" refers to individuals serving under arms that have paid dues to the 9th Texas Infantry or who are participating in a drill, muster or reenacting event.
General Rules and Regulations of Participation:
1) Members shall obey the orders and commands of the officers and NCOs appointed over them.
2) Proper Military courtesy shall be observed at all times in the field.
3) Roll call and drill sessions, at events, are mandatory.
4) Report to the 1st Sergeant upon arrival at an event.
5) Do not leave camp for any reason without notifying an NCO of your company.
6) Members should follow the instructions of Officers and NCOs of the 9th Texas Infantry ONLY.
7) No one under 16 years of age will be allowed to carry a weapon in the line. Young men under the age of 18 must have a signed parental release.
8) Boys from 12 to 15 years of age may participate as functioning musicians if they demonstrate the appropriate skill. A parent or guardian must accompany boys under 16.
9) Active members of the 9th Texas Infantry will participate in four drills and two events a year. Inactive members, who continue to pay dues, will receive a copy of the dispatch but will be placed in line at the pleasure of the Battalion Commander if they attend an event.